Sunday 27 October 2019

I Love Long Weekends!!!

Yes my fellow followers…..this is a long weekend. It’s Labour Day here in New Zealand, so why is Mummy and Daddy working? This is the last break we have till Christmas and Alfa and I are making the most of it. The sun is shining and it’s very warm today.

For the past few days it has been raining with so much wind. The wind hurts my tender, sensitive ears and the rain makes a mess of my lovely fur coat. Whenever the outside door is open, Alfa makes a mad dash for outside and does this silly cutesy cutesy rolling on her back for attention. It’s embarrassing. I understand that she does this as she is just an inside cat and the smell of freedom sometimes is too much for her. She can’t handle such freedom so we keep her indoors. She will always be too young to go outside alone. Just not responsible enough. There. I have said it!!!

Anyways…Like I said, I love long weekends. It gives me more time to bond with my Daddy, because, when summer comes, he and the team are working so hard on school and private repairs. Everybody works so hard here.

This week has been as all week a very busy week. Taka has been on and off for the past few months, working on a beautiful vintage Grassi Baritone Sax. He took the instrument apart, removed all dents, cleaned all the keys and body and completely re-padded it and returned it to it’s formal glory.

On Thursday he finished it and tested it. WOW…WOW, it sounded amazing. Work got out that this beautiful BEAST was available to buy and on Friday afternoon a very tall lad came in and tested it and fell in love with it…and bought it. Yes, after much work and love, the Vintage Baritone Sax has a new home and a new lease of life.

Two other instruments were sold this week that only just arrived this week from Japan. They were a Yamaha Bass Clarinet and a Yamaha YTS275 Tenor Sax that were both pre-ordered. Remember, that if you are looking for a quality pre-loved instrument and we don’t have what you are looking for, then you can ask us to look and get one in for you. It’s all part of the DR TOOT Service...my smile included 😸😸😸

The Repair Team Staff have been very busy with many instruments coming in. Later this coming week, Daddy will be picking up many instruments from a local school and so it all begins. Mummy is crazy busy working on our new website which we hope should be online sometime later next month. Watch this space. Mummy is working very hard, but Alfa in her very strange way, keeps sitting in front of the screen and keyboard making it hard for Mummy to do her work. I think she has issues. Alfa not Mummy. I stay clear from Daddy and I know that it is not right to bother him with my wise advice.😼

Well tomorrow is Monday and I plan on being with Daddy as long as I can and let him stroke and pet me. I am so kind. Have a great long weekend everyone and hope it’s PURRRRRFECT for you.😺