Sunday 8 December 2019

Santa is coming!!!

Yes…Santa is coming soon and because I have been such a good girl, I know I will get plenty of tinned fish food for me and lumps of coal for Alfa. The Christmas tree is up and Taka keeps putting on Christmas music in the shop.

Same songs every year….Another sign that Christmas is close is the amount of instruments in the shop now. Daddy and Jordan have been out and about picking up instruments from schools for their end of the year service. It is important that if you are to get your instrument ready for Christmas, that you better bring it in now. Please make sure you bring it in before school starts and I don’t mean the day before school starts.

This week we sold a beautiful Selmer Paris Mark Vl tenor sax to a gentleman in Tauranga who obviously appreciates quality in his saxophones. He was very happy and left his alto here for servicing and will pick it up shortly. It’s all happening in the house of TOOT. Many accessories too have arrived in from Switzerland, Japan and 2 new Backun clarinets from Canada where Daddy comes from. These are stock items and are ready now for a new home in New Zealand.

I know that sometimes I sound like a stuck record, but Daddy has been out a lot again. Rehearsals and concerts. Last night the MCB had their end of the year Christmas concert in Howick. Today Daddy will be marching with the Howick Brass in our local Howick Santa Parade….maybe a quick beer afterwards. Tomorrow it’s out to the MCB social, Tuesday out at a Howick Brass meeting, Wednesday out to Howick Brass Rehearsal…..and so on…

Well it’s time to sign off so I can spend a little time with Daddy before he goes to bed....meow 😸 Be good everybody like me cause SANTA is Coming!!!! 😻