Sunday 10 October 2021

It’s Mouthpiece Time !

Good afternoon, my lovely subjects to another thrilling blog from your Queen Zara 😻 

Let's just say that I did 100% more sales than Alfa did last week. As my fellow feline furballs know, we are still in lockdown in New Zealand and more so in Auckland. I love my Daddy very much but he is now always around when I’m eating or sleeping or just relaxing. Every morning, when I’m trying to rest after a fishy breakfast, Daddy practises his tuba for no less than an hour in the morning. This does my head in and I am sure the other cats and humanoid around notice this too. I’m not as young as I used to be although I am just as beautiful as always of course 😼

After Daddy finished grunting his beautiful new Miraphone New Yorker CC Tuba, he went back to the workshop to do some repairs. Later that morning, a customer came in with a clarinet that they bought from us last year. I remember them and the boy was very kind. To my surprise, he named his clarinet after a very famous cat… ME 😻 On his tag on the outside of his case it reads Zara (Clarinet), belongs to….The funny thing too is that the Clarinet was a Backun “Alpha” Clarinet that was named after me….Sorry Alfa…not! The clarinet was here for it’s warranty service and while they were here, they bought a Briccialdi Intermediate flute for the other brother. I bet they don’t name it Alfa 😱 I mean, why would you? 😸

As mentioned before, we are now the agents for Laskey mouthpieces. They are world famous for their mouthpieces, especially for their Tuba and French Horn mouthpieces. We of course Daddy had to have one. He didn’t just get one, he got two and both were gold plated. Maybe he thinks he will be famous…. πŸ™€ Th mouthpieces arrived on Friday afternoon and Daddy was so excited. The kind people at Backun/Laskey also included T Shirts, Drink bottles and other gear as a special present for Mummy and Daddy. That and over 20 Tuba mouthpieces. French Horn mouthpieces will be in the next order although we did receive a couple of Laskey mouthpieces with this order. Daddy is very very happy with his Laskey mouthpiece and he says that if you are a tuba player and serious in a great mouthpiece, then you must try and get a Laskey tuba mouthpiece. We have them in stock for American and European shanks.

Enough of mouthpieces. They connect to the tuba and Daddy has been spending more time with his tuba and now new mouthpiece then he does with me. I have to think of something fast. Farewell for now my beautiful followers and try your best to be like me 😸😺