Sunday 21 July 2019

Welcome Jordan to DR TOOT !!!

The last time I spoke you, my wonderful followers I mentioned that I was not seeing much of my daddy. He was away all the time rehearsing and playing with different bands prior to the Contest. As Alfa mentioned The Mighty Howick Brass Band came in second in the National Brass Band Championship. With all the work the band did meant that daddy didn’t have to go to rehearsal on Wednesday night. I have my daddy back!! Daddy still had to go to concert band on Monday but I have him for the rest of the week…NOT!!!! On Tuesday he was out for a meeting which meant he was out Monday and Tuesday night. Oh well……

On Monday morning I had a surprise. We had a new person with a DR TOOT uniform walk into our house. Moments later, Masaru and Taka arrived. Who is this new person?? His name is Jordan and he is here to learn about repairing musical instruments. So now we have a new person and he seems very nice and I think he likes me. Good choice 😸

This week I had the magic touch….On Monday a Briccialdi flute found a new home in the South Island. On Wednesday a pre loved Buffet clarinet found a new home here in Auckland. On Thursday a new beautiful Kanstul Bb/F Trombone found a home with the President of the Howick Brass Band.

Wow, I am so GOOD 😊 On Friday a customer who has been here many times and has bought many instruments from us, added to his collection and bought a new Alpha Backun Clarinet. Our Alfa was very pleased with that and for me it was one less Alfa in the house....😀

More goodies have arrived from overseas and mummy spent much of the day packing the repaired instruments to be ready for the courier to pick them up as Schools will start on Monday for the beginning of Term 3.

Well that’s about all from me. Daddy had another concert today and is getting prepared the National Concert Band Festival early next month…and near his birthday…. Be good everybody ! 😺