Sunday 18 July 2021

Who needs Daddy !???

Well, Daddy has been very busy with rehearsals, gigs, concerts and the Championship…etc. I missed my last turn….you know it’s not my fault….you know what I mean 😼 I did not have “senior cat moment” but Daddy had “senior moment”, hehehe 😹

We had a great start this week…Monday, there are lots of people visited DR TOOT 😺 One of customers was from Melbourne….meow ! Funny thing was that he has also a cat at home and he saw me and he was talking to me. He came here to see me….oh, no….not quite. He wanted to try the sopranino we had in stock. He spent some time here and he has left with the sopranino !

Early morning on Wednesday, Alfa and I heard noise and we knew that Daddy left home for the airport. Mummy opened the showroom and Taka came to work as usual. It seems to be a quiet day, but I am Queen Zara…I deliver ! Daddy wasn’t at work/home and worked very hard 😼 Meow, a lady in Palmerstone North phoned up and she was looking for an alto saxophone for herself. After she talked to Mummy, she phoned Mummy again later…she decided to go for the Selmer Paris Axos…I think she made a great choice 😺

During this is happening, a mother and a daughter visited us who were here the other day. Yes, they came back to try a pre-loved Yamaha alto sax YAS62 which was just serviced, set up and tested by Taka. She tried and liked it…has left with the new saxophone !

On Thursday, a family came in with an old clarinet and it required a complete overhaul. It will exceed the value of the clarinet. Then, they decided to go for a pre-loved Yamaha YCL250 clarinet after the son tried it. Well, the clarinet has found a new home in Auckland !

Then, Friday, another family from Hastings visited DR TOOT.  One of daughters wanted to upgrade her ABS clarinet to a wooden one. She tried three pre-loved clarinets and fallen love with the sound of the Buffet E12F - Well, the clarinet has gone to Hastings !

It was a horrible weather here on Saturday. Mummy thought it would be a quite day at showroom, but…she had a few customers and a few phone calls…busy, Mummy ! Also, I saw that a courier man delivered two saxophones from Taiwan - Chateau alto saxes CAS22…YES, they are back in stock now!

Daddy is back...Leaving a cold and crisp Christchurch and coming home to a warm but wet Auckland. He is very proud of me and all that I have done while he was away. I really missed my daddy. Let’s see what Alfa has to offer for next week….😼😻