Sunday 26 September 2021

OUMPA OUMPA OUMPA !!!

Good afternoon, my fellow fur ball admirers. Yes it’s my turn to share the real news with you on what’s going on at DR TOOT. Nothing sugar coated from me. I tell it as it is! I love my Daddy as you all know and I am very patient with his work load and things. But, as you know, Daddy received from Germany a brand new Miraphone 1292 New Yorker CC Tuba which he has named Sammy. Weird name if you ask me but that what he has done. He has spent a bit of time setting “Sammy” up the way he likes it like spring tension and slide movements. That’s fine it doesn’t affect me. What does is his tuba practise EVERY morning. Long notes, short notes, load notes sometimes quiet notes, but always notes. I don’t mind now and then but everyday??? 😺

Been a pretty busy week this week. We have been in level 4 for a month and on Wednesday we went down to level 3. That’s level 4 but now able to have takeaways. Level 3 also allows customers to come to our shop and drop off repairs. This keeps Daddy busy and gives the house some peace and quiet with him not playing his new tuba. Just saying that I am not jealous of that hunk of metal…Sammy! Anyways, Daddy has been busy with repairs and Mummy working hard on accounts, and accessory sales. So no instrument sales this week. Lots of interest, but no firm sales. Maybe I have done the hard work for Alfa and she gets my sales 🙀

Some new stock should be arriving from Japan including a Yamaha YAS82Z Custom Alto Sax and a  Yamaha Alto Sax YAS275. Very exciting to get new stock in. Other great news is that we will be the importers and distributors of a range of specialized mouthpieces for Brass-wind  Musical Instruments from America. The company is Laskey and this company is world wide known for make amazing tuba mouthpieces. Of course Daddy must have one which means even more practise 😼

Well you all got the news right from the Cat’s mouth. Stay well and be kind to your owners,  (even though we know we own them). Queen Zara signing off 😻