Sunday 24 October 2021

Long Wet Weekend, and nowhere to go…

Greetings to my loyal furball and human subjects. Some of Alfa’s friends say that I am arrogant. This is untrue, I just know better that’s all. I am older and so much wiser. I am Queen Zara, Daddy’s personal P.A. Anyways, that’s enough about me 😸 

This week at DR TOOT has been a busy week with trumpet, cornet, flute, clarinet, saxophone and a special tuba repair. People come to the shop and wait for Daddy to open the door so that they can leave their instrument on a table to assessed. Many instruments are couriered to us as well. I miss not seeing people because I know how much they loved to come in and stoke my fur and give me a cuddle. I hope that soon we can get back to normal again.

One of the instruments that came in for repair was Daddy’s old tuba that he sold over 20 years ago. It arrived from Hamilton by courier which required some major TLC. Daddy seemed happy to see his old tuba again and played a few tunes on it after he finished the repair. We hear Daddy EVERY MORNING playing his tuba before work. Personally, it’s driving Alfa and I a little loopy 🙀

Two instruments were sold this week and have found new homes. The first one was a Backun Alpha clarinet. When I heard Daddy say that they sold an Alpha, I got so excited. I thought he meant Alfa, my half sister!!! But no……it wasn’t Alfa…😼 The second instrument was a beautiful BAC Elliot Mason model Artist Trombone. This one found a home in Auckland and was picked up on Saturday morning. He seemed very happy.

Mummy and Daddy said that this weekend is a long weekend. Every weekend is a long weekend for cats. We eat, sleep, eat, do our business and sleep again. Alfa of course does much more eating than I do. She is such a chunky Tabby. Well, it’s time to go back to my bed and curl up. Maybe Daddy will watch Netflix again and I will sleep on his lap. I love my Daddy. I know you are all counting down the weeks and days till my Birthday. Not long now…..😻😺