Sunday 28 January 2018

Lady is Back!!!

Yes, my fellow subjects….the lady is back! I have been very busy with sales.  Daddy and Yasu have been busy delivering instruments back to schools, Masaru and Taka have been busy with private instrument repairs and mummy has been busy invoiceing everybody’s work.

Doing all of this in incredible heat. As you know I wear with pride my beautiful black coat with white socks and bib. I feel the heat but I have standards. Alfa has been outside, yes always on a leash, because we have had all the doors and windows open. The nights too are very hot so again I am happy that Alfa and I  have our own beds and don’t share.

Ah yes….sales. I, Zara have been very busy this week with sales to make up for the lack of sales that Alfa didn’t produce. On Wednesday a customer that we have been dealing with for a long time, decided to buy a lovely pre loved Stomvi Elite trumpet from us. He tried it out last Saturday while he was in Auckland from Tauranga. He phoned on Wednesday and said that he would love to have it and so it went. He was very happy.

On Thursday we had a very special visit from three ladies. They were a mother and two daughters. One of the daughters lives in New Plymouth and she was up in Auckland visiting her mum and sister. Many years ago the sister in New Plymouth used to play the flute, but no longer had one and was looking for a top professional flute. Well,  at DR TOOT, she found one. They got the first of our professional Briccialdi solid silver EVERYTHING Flute. Although she said she hadn’t played for awhile, she sounded lovely with her new flute. I made them feel welcome as did Alfa. I think they liked me better….I think.

While all of this was going on, we also sold at the same time online a Yamaha YCL450 clarinet to a clarinet person in Hamilton. On Friday a lady with her 3 sons came here for her son to try and later bought a beautiful Yamaha YCL650F clarinet. Yes everybody, Zara has the Midas Paw 😺😺😺

It’s very hot again today. This weekend is a long weekend as tomorrow is Auckland Anniversary Day. Every day for Alfa and I is a weekend, but at least we get to see mummy and daddy more. Yasu is playing the clarinet that he has borrowed for a concert on Monday. It is an unusual sound and I am not sure if I like it. He leaves back to Japan on Saturday next week. He has been working hard cleaning musical instruments for Masaru, Taka and daddy.

I must go. This typing in front on this machine is hard and hot work. Must go back to my shady patch and sleep……..😎