Sunday 22 July 2018

My Daddy is BACK!!!!


It seemed like years, but it was only five days. My daddy as you know was away playing with the Howick Brass Band that won the C Grade Championship for New Zealand. I am so proud of My daddy but not happy that he was gone for that long time. This week I have been making sure that he is always in my view. Daddy is normally out every Monday and Wednesday evening, but this week he was home every night. I like to think that it was because he missed me, but I think he missed mummy more. Still….Mummy’s gain was my gain too 😸

This week was the last week of the school holidays before term 3 starts. Taka and Masaru did well in the shop last week and very well this week. Mummy checked in often to make sure everybody was working hard and reported back to Alfa and me. Taka is still getting through a mountain of flutes  and saxophones and Masaru working hard on clarinets and saxophones. Daddy has been working on cornets, trombones, trumpets and other brasswinds. Mummy is simply working hard as always. You see, we girls just work hard and don’t complain. Mummy is busy with the invoices, packing out orders, doing sales and trying to keep daddy and the boys focused on the jobs they are supposed to be doing. Not an easy task but that what us girls do! Even Alfa is trying to stay away from being in front of the computer screen while mummy is working.😼

This week, the usual amount of repairs and accessories sales came in and out of the shop. On Thursday, a young man, his brother and mum, came into the shop to look at alto saxophones. On Wednesday night the boy saw a picture that mummy had taken of a Conn 6M Vintage Alto Sax we had for sale. He instantly fell in love with the picture, so decided to come a play to see if it sounded as good as it looked. After about an hour or so, he fell madly in love with it and his mummy bought it. The sax was older then daddy and maybe in better shape. Please don’t tell daddy that I said that.🙀😎😸

Time to go I think. The weather is sunny then raining then sunny and cold then warm…. So changeable like Alfa’s thinking…..oh well.😁