Sunday 29 March 2020

The Sound of Silence….

We are all in Lockdown. Yes, that’s right. DR TOOT and the rest of New Zealand are in Lockdown. The reason we have been told is because of this Virus that has spread all around the world. Thousands and thousands of humans have died. The virus does not affect cats or other animals so we are ok.

Supermarkets and a few other essential shops are open which is good because mummy and daddy must but cat food for us and themselves of course. Alfa got very worried because she is just a house cat and relies on mummy and daddy to feed her as she can’t survive on the bugs she usually eats about the house.

It’s very strange seeing mummy and daddy not leaving the house. They have to stay indoors, like Alfa all the time. Daddy has been very, very busy washing and cleaning the repair shop while mummy has been very busy cleaning the office and different house projects. Our house is starting to look like new. This Lockdown is suppose to last for at least 4 weeks. We can only imagine what the house will look like by then!!!!

Monday was our last day being open, but that didn’t stop a sale going through. I with the help of mummy and daddy, sold a Yamaha YTS380 pre-loved Tenor Saxophone. Yes, even in these trying times, I was able to sell a sax and get it picked up and sent to it’s happy new owner. Taka too was able to finish in time a huge project he was working on. It was a complete rebuild of a vintage Conn Alto Sax that he has been working on for a while. Taka is very cleaver and I like him, but I don’t think he is really a cat person because I see the way he looks at Alfa and me sometimes…….🙀😁😸

Before I go, I have some good news to share. As I mentioned to my loyal subjects before, I asked you all to keep an eye open for Griff who has been missing for a while. Alfa and I have seen him a couple of times on our fence. Well I and our neighbour spotted him on our fence again and our neighbour called Griff’s family and they came by to pick him up. Happy humans and happy Kitty Cat. Thank you all for keeping an eye out. I love happy endings. Humans are now doing what we cats do all the time. Keep clean, wash your paws and relax. Meow Meow !!!