Sunday 13 June 2021

I Still Got It!!!

It was a short week as my big sis, Zara just did her blog on Monday.  The week has just disappeared ! It was a beautiful Saturday yesterday and now it’s raining again on Sunday…

Taka had his longer weekend and came back to work on Thursday ! It was a good to see him again. Without Taka, mummy and daddy had an interesting and busy Tuesday and Wednesday.

Mother and son visited DR TOOT on Tuesday and he tried a pre-loved Buffet RC Bb clarinet. He was a bit nervous and wasn’t sure about the clarinet. They went home without the clarinet and then they came back to try it again the next day. He was quite different and he played it very well this time - Yes, Zara and I heard that he played the clarinet ! So, they left with the clarinet this time 😺

Then, the same day, mummy had a phone call from Lewis McCallum, who is a professional saxophonist who lives in Auckland. An hour later, he was here to test lots of mouthpieces and saxophones. Again, Zara and I heard his playing. Wow…..what a sound ! Mummy took videos that he was playing Chateau alto sax and tenor sax. He loves Gonzalez reeds and saXholder too ! 😻

Daddy was happy to receive new toys…Ups, I mean new tools from USA for his repair work 😹 Also, two pre-loved instruments and some accessories have arrived from Japan. The two instruments are a Yamaha alto sax YAS275 (a special order from a customer in Hastings) and a Yamaha clarinet YCL450 (a very popular intermediate wooden clarinet).

I had a privilege to walk around and stay with mummy and daddy at the showroom while mummy and daddy were working during the day. It’s good to see lots of displayed beaaauuuutiful instruments there. Even I caught a fly….and of course, I ate it…Yum, Yum, Yum…mummy said to me “I still got it 😼 !” hehehehehe…😸😸😸

Stay warm and Happy Tooting, Everyone !!! 😻