Sunday 20 June 2021

Strangers Everywhere!

This is my home. Daddy always says…in the beginning there was Zara. This week has been a bit out of the ordinary. As you all know, we get many customers that come and go in the course of the week. Some stay for a little while and some a little longer. This week we were invaded on Thursday and Friday with outdoor gardeners pulling up bushes, trimming this and that and making more noise than an Alfa eating her favourite meal! Lawns and gardens being sprayed, blowing machines blowing and strangers talking. My estate is getting a makeover and it seems that I don’t get a say in this. A few weeks ago, two trees that I sharpen my claws with were removed.  I will keep a closer eye on things from now on and have my say!

The week started off with a hiss and a roar with 2 saxophones finding new homes. Both instruments were alto saxophones, a Yamaha Silver YAS62 and a Matte Finish Chateau. For stock, Another YAS62 Alto Sax has arrived and 2 more Chateau Alto Saxophone have been ordered and should arrive in the next few weeks. Taka has been very busy working on a vintage Buescher Tenor Sax and setting up a Yamaha Bass Clarinet that was a special order from a customer of ours and picked up on Saturday early afternoon. Taka is now very busy working on a few major works so Alfa and I have been told to stay out of his way 😼

Daddy has received some new dent removing tools that he has used already on a Bass Trombone and Full Double French Horn. Both customers are very happy with the work done and one of the customers gave Mummy and Daddy some homemade jam 😻. Nothing for me… Mummy has been busy with packing, invoicing, customers, shipping and receiving goods. Apart from me, I believe she is the hardest worker 😸

Daddy is still very busy playing his tuba. Monday night was rehearsal with Manakau Concert Band, rehearsing for a concert and Festival in 5 weeks, Wednesday night rehearsing for Howick Brass, rehearsing for the Brass Band Championship in 3 weeks, Friday night rehearsing for a Brass Quintet gig they did on Saturday morning in Howick and Sunday afternoon rehearsing with the Manakau Symphony Orchestra, rehearsing for a concert in a couple of weeks time. Busy busy Daddy. Daddy’s son stayed with us on Saturday night, so my time as you see has been changed a lot.

I must stop now as even writing this makes me feel so weary. Be kind to all and special to cats that have ideas of greatness but are, well, you know… Alfa’s time next week..