Sunday 19 August 2012

Twas the week before Gisborne


Yes it’s now only days till mummy and daddy head south for Gisborne. Daddy says that he was in Gisborne way back in 1975 and mummy says that she has never been. They are so excited and are doing many things in their plans to go. Yes, DR TOOT will be there and will run a maintenance workshop and will also be exhibiting some of our stock and the famous Gonzalez Reeds. Mummy and daddy are hoping that our friends there, will pop in and say hi. As daddy’s PA, I think I should also come, but daddy says that I have to look after Alfa.

You see, Alfa earlier this week went to our local vets to have an operation. Like me, Alfa too will not be able to have kittens. She went early in the morning and came back in the middle of the afternoon. I had the place to myself and was very happy. When Alfa came back, she was very groggy and sleepy. I remember when it was my turn and how I felt. She smelled of hospital which I didn’t like. After awhile she smelt like her usual self so that was ok. She is much better now and I must admit, that it’s good to have her back.

As you can gather, it’s pretty busy here. Repairs from all around the country have come in and lots of prep to be done before Gisborne.  A very nice young boy who goes to St. Kentigen School here in Auckland came in with his Yamaha student sax to have some minor repairs done on it. Man could he play!!! He had a beautiful sound and a real feel for jazz. Such an amazing talent at such a young age. Well daddy fix his sax and they went on their way. Late morning daddy got a call from the boys father asking if they could come around again, but this time to try the Yamaha YAS62II Alto sax that we had in stock. Daddy said yes and they came at noon to try it. WOW….What a fantastic sound he made. It was love at first sight and shortly after, they bought the sax. Thank you very much. On Friday daddy and mummy sold a soprano sax to a gentleman who has been dealing with us before. Many thank you’s too you too.

Well time to sign out with my paws. Uncle Bruce who looked after us before is coming to stay here while mummy and daddy are away. I am Uncle Bruce’s favourite cat and he loves me so much…Have a wonderful week and Alfa will tell you what happened in Gisborne next week….