Sunday 1 February 2015

DONE !

That is the word I have been hearing from daddy, mummy and Shoko in the workshop…DONE. This word is said whenever a job is completed and Alfa and I have been hearing it often in the past few months. As of Friday just gone, all musical instruments for schools have been completed. Never before have we seen as many instruments as now from schools from up and down New Zealand. All of them are DONE.

Now daddy and Shoko have to get back to the pile of private owners instruments. While daddy’s and Shoko’s job’s seem to be finished, mummy’s has just begun. Mummy now is checking over everything and cleaning cases and making sure all is ready, before they leave the shop. Honestly, Alfa and I get so tired just watching it!!!! J

As you all know it’s not just repairs that happen around here. A few instruments have found new homes this week. On Monday, a Yamaha Double French Horn with detachable bell has found a home in a school here in Auckland. This is the first French Horn with detachable bell we have sold. On Friday, a beautiful new Selmer Paris Signature Clarinet has a new home in Christchurch. Our instruments find new homes all around New Zealand. On Saturday our Yamaha YAS34 has found a home with a really nice boy and family here in Auckland. Before they left, he and his family came to me and I let them stroke my body and comb my fur. The boy is starting at Kings College this year and will be mentored by one of daddy’s old students.

The nights are still pretty hot here in Auckland. Alfa and I have to wear our fur coats 24/7. Daddy took his shirt off the other day and it was not a pretty sight. Daddy needs to looose weight. Maybe and only maybe, if another 10kilo goes he might look better….sorry daddy. It’s time for me to go and dry off. Daddy and I have just finished washing the car and when daddy gave the car it’s final rinse, he sprayed water all over me. Not happy daddy….not happy……until next time my loyal fans….purr purr purr. JJJ