Sunday 10 January 2016

Is it really Summer?

Greetings again from the one and only, Queen Zara J

Welcome to my first ( on my own ), blog for 2016. It’s going to be a very exciting year! The year will be full of sales and repairs from DR TOOT and helpful, wise and constructed comments from me !

Being daddies P.A. is not easy and I am not one to ever complain.  This time of year I have to view all that happens in the repair shop and make sure that there is harmony and calm flow of ideas and work. So many repairs have been done and still so many left to do. There is a hum in the workshop and saxophones, and other instruments are being cleaned, serviced and ready for delivery at the end of this month. I am very proud of the team at DR TOOT. It does take a lot out of me and I have been known to sleep many hours during the day. Alfa says that I am getting old, but that’s not true. I use all my energy to make sure everything is going to plan. Alfa too sleeps a lot, but that is because she is sleeping off her large meals she has twice a day!

Many things have arrived here to DR TOOT. Many instruments for repairs as well as Gonzalez Reeds from Argentina and trumpets from Japan. The trumpets are serviced now and will be listed soon for sale so that some lucky people out there will be able to have a TOOT Trumpet. As well as instruments coming in we had a lovely Vintage Yamaha Alto Sax go to a new home. A young man named Jack came in and tried the Yamaha YAS61 the other day. He tried a few saxophones here, but sounded the best on the YAS61. For somebody so young, he was so talented!!! After he tried the saxophone, he came down stairs and said hello to me. This made me feel pretty special and I gave him the wink. The Yamaha vintage saxophone has found a new home and soon it will have a name from it’s new owner. Thankyou Jack J

What’s with this crazy summers weather??? It is supposed to be sunny and warm. It has been wet and windy. The weather is not good for my fur and I need constant brushing. A Queen has got to look good at all times. You never know when someone may come by. Usually the repair shop door is open and there is fresh air and sun, but now it is shut to prevent the wind and rain making a mess of the shop…….Summer……where are you???