Sunday 18 September 2016

Now we are 6

Yes, my subjects, just as Alfa said last week, we have a new arrival in our workshop. Monday was Masaru’s first working day at DR TOOT. I personally checked him out on his work bench which was daddy’s old bench. His first instrument was a clarinet which was daddy’s first instrument over 40 years ago. I watched and I am happy to say that he did very well. Good on you Masaru and welcome to DR TOOT !

Daddy started the week working on a nickel plated Russian made BBb tuba that was in very bad shape. There were more dents in the bell and body then fleas on Alfa’s body. After a couple of days of hard working on the tuba, daddy had it finished and the customer was very, very happy. Shoko was working very hard too on flutes and saxophones. Two of the saxophones were Selmer Paris made and one of them was Michael Jamieson’s  Selmer Reference alto saxophone. Pictures of Masaru working on a saxophone, daddy working on a tuba and Shoko working on Michael’s Selmer saxophone can all be see on our DR TOOT Facebook page. It has been a busy, busy, busy week in our workshop.

The workshop is not the only place that has been busy. Mummy too has been busy in the office with many accessories being sold and going to places all around New Zealand.  As it is my week to be in charge, we have been able to find new homes for some of our instruments. Earlier this week a Yamaha tenor sax has found a new home with a local school and on Friday, a beautiful Stomvi Bb Cornet has found a home with a friend of daddy’s who also plays often with the Howick Brass Band. Well done ME and I know that everybody is happy :)

Alfa has been getting on my nerves. She really thinks she is so important. I am Zara and I demand respect. Alfa is acting as if she is as important as me. This afternoon I saw that she was sleeping under my black blanket. I waited till she was in a deep sleep, before I walked on top of the blanket which made Alfa move and leave her spot. I know it sounds a bit mean, but sometimes she has to be taught a lesson. Have a great week everybody and I look forward in brightening up your day in two weeks time :)